HeartsHub is a comprehensive guide to helplines for victims of abuse and/or violence in all forms. We are also #Blackfish / wildlife supporters.
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

 Nottingham Central Women's Aid

Go down 

Posts : 113
Join date : 2014-05-08

PostSubject: Nottingham Central Women's Aid   Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:38 am


helpline numbers

"If you need support, advice, are ready to leave or just want someone to talk to contact us on:

0115 9607943

If you are in immediate danger then call the police on 999

Other women’s support services:

24 hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge

Freephone 0808 2000 247 "

Twitter @CentralrefugeWA

from their website

"Nottingham Central Women's Aid has existed since the 1970s to support women and children fleeing domestic abuse. We reopened on the 27th of January 2012 following a period of closure due to cuts in funding.

We aim to provide safe temporary accommodation, with support for women with or without children, who are living with or have experienced any form of physical, sexual, emotional, psychological or economic abuse.

Nottingham Central Women's Aid is a registered charity and company.

The Refuge is housed in a large building which can accommodate six families. Communal areas include, sitting room
dining/kitchen, laundry, children’s playroom, equipped play yard and back yard."

"Who we can support?

We can support women over the age of 16 who have experienced domestic violence and abuse from partners, ex partners or family members. We accept women from any background, of any ability and women with additional support needs such as substance misuse or mental health issues. We also support women who have been subject to rape and sexual assaults.

Unfortunately the refuge is not currently accessible to wheelchair users.

How can we help?

We offer practical and emotional support as well as advice and advocacy. We work in partnership with many other agencies to ensure that you receive as much support and help as you need. For example we can offer support around claiming welfare benefits, legal options, healthcare, education, housing and move-on.

Refuge accommodation

Central Women's Aid aims to provide safe temporary accommodation on an emergency basis for women with or without children fleeing domestic abuse.

The cost of staying at the refuge is split into two sections
Rent - If you are in receipt of Income Support, ESA or JSA, this will be paid in full by Housing Benefit.
If you are working there may be a charge for rent. Staff will offer advice on the issue at the point of making contact.
A Service Charge of £14 per week - Is payable by all residents and covers the following- heating, lighting, cleaning products, cooking facilities, water rates, TV Licence.

How do I apply to live here?

We can accept referrals from any agency and self referrals. We will complete a referral form with you or your referring
agency and you will need to provide us with some information about your current and former situation. We do no operate a waiting list and will let you know on the same day usually within an hour whether you will be able to access our refuge. If we are not able to provide you with accommodation we aim to provide you with information and details of another more suitable service."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nottingham Central Women's Aid
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
» Using smiley central
» Menopausal women at the Mall
» New stock at E V Aquatics, Nottingham
» Mike Powers Nottingham
» Mudd's Women - episode #4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HeartsHub :: HeartsHub :: Domestic Violence Support Providers and Helplines - UK and Ireland-
Jump to: